Learn how to make this Italian style salsa. Drizzle over vegetables or meat for freshness.
Tomato Coulis - Italian Salsa
- 4 tomatoes quartered, core removed
- ¼ cup green olives
- 2 tbsp green olive brine
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian herbs (thyme, basil, oregano) roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Into a food processor add tomatoes, olives, olive brine, herbs, garlic, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Pulse until well blended. Taste and add salt as needed.