Portuguese Sawdust Pudding (Serradura)
- 7 oz tea cookies (Bolacha Maria cookies)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- Put the cookies an a bag and crush them into "sawdust."
- Put 2 cups of whipping cream into a mixing bowl and mix it high speed for about a minute. The whip cream should stick to spoon without falling off. (preferably the mixing bowl and whisk should be chilled before use- the colder the whipping cream and bowl the easier it is to form into whipped cream.
- Add the salt and sweeten condensed milk while the mixer is on at low speed.
- After the salt and condensed milk I've been added whip at high-speed for about another 3-4 minutes- until stiff.
- Fill pastry bag with the whipped cream mixture.
- Pipe the pastry cream in about a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch layer and top with the "sawdust" -about 1 1/4 inch. Then continue to alternate the layers until you reach the desired height. (you can use many different types of glass to serve this desert rocks glass, martini glass, wine glass).
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours. (I have also put these in the freezer and served it like ice cream. If serving the desert frozen pull it out of the refrigerator 10 to 20 minutes before service.