Try out the Portuguese dessert Queijadas de Leite. This treat takes only 10 minutes of active time and is delicious, it is no wonder this sweet is seen all over Portugal!
Queijadas de Leite | Portuguese Milk Tarts
Try out the Portuguese dessert, Queijadas de Leite. This treat takes only 10 minutes of active time and is delicious. It is no wonder this sweet is seen all over Portugal!
- 3 eggs large
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Combine eggs, butter and sugar and mix until smooth.
- With the mixer on, or while mixing by hand, slowly pour in the flour and milk 3 tablespoons at a time, alternating between the two until they are both incorporated. Once both are fully incorporated add in the vanilla or almond extract. Mix until combined, scrapping down the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Butter the muffin pan liberally. Pour in the batter about ¾ of the way up each cup.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes. If you would like them to have more color on top, turn on the broiler and cook for an additional 10 minutes, checking on them often to prevent burning. They are done when they reach an internal temperature of 170-175°F, as this is when the eggs will be completely set.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!