With just a few ingredients you can make this beautiful dessert of poached pears with a raspberry syrup.
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 pears peeled, cored, halved, stem still attached
- 1½ cup raspberries
- ½ shot Grand Marnier, Spiced Rum or Brandy
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Place pear halves into the water for 10 minutes.
- Purée raspberries, in food processor or blender, with the simple syrup and alcohol. Using a fine mesh sieve to remove the raspberry seeds, strain the puréed mixture into a bowl.
- Using a sharp, thin paring knife fan the pears. Starting ½" down from the stem cut the pears into ¼" slices at a 45° angle.
- To serve, spoon the raspberry syrup onto a plate and place the pear in the middle of the plate on top of the syrup.
- Make a simple syrup by boiling two parts (2 tbsp) sugar to one part (1 tbsp) water. Heat until sugar is dissolved then transfer into glass jar and refrigerate to cool.