Learn the basics of cooking an omelet. Adjust fillings to your preference. Great keto breakfast!
Omelet with Avocado and Sausage
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 sausage sliced into discs
- ¼ cup cheddar jack cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- Fan avocado by removing it from the skin. Cut at a 45° angle starting ½" from the top, making each slice about a ¼" thick. Gentle spread out the slices.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, brown your sausage. Once the sausage is brown add chives into the pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl. Whisk in a heavy whipping cream.
- Over medium-low heat add olive oil into a pan. Add whisked eggs and let cook for 1 minute. Then using a heat resistant spatula move the egg to let it run underneath itself. Ensure that all runny parts of the egg are making contact with the pan so they can cook. Once all of the egg is set, turn pan to lowest heat. Flip egg over. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Add half of the cheese inside the omelet. Top with sausage. Fold the omelet in half on to itself. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with fanned avocado and sprinkle with salt.