Top lean mahi mahi with a tropical fruit salsa for a burst of fresh flavor!
- 6 oz Mahi Mahi
- ¼ tsp ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- dragon fruit cut into ¼" rounds, for garnish
- 2 tbsp tropical fruit salsa
- toasted macadamia nuts for garnish
- Marinate fish in ginger, 1 teaspoon olive oil, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper on both sides. Let it sit for one hour at room temperature. If you let it sit any longer put it in the refrigerator.
- Pat the mahi mahi dry. In a pan over medium-high heat add olive oil. When the pan is hot add in the mahi mahi. Let it cook for about 3 minutes on each side. It is done the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145°F.
- To plate surround the fish with dragon fruit rounds. Top with tropical fruit salsa and toasted macadamia nuts.