Fu Putin Flan (F*ck You Putin Flan) previously known as Molotof Flan
- 12 egg whites
- 12 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
For caramel sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup hot water
For the caramelized sugar
- Melt 1 cup of sugar with 1 tsp of lemon juice over low heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. If needed, using a wooden spoon, give it a gentle stir and continue to cook. Continue to cook about 5 to 6 minutes until the sugar turns and amber color. The sugar temperature should be around 340°F -350 F
- After the sugar reaches an amber color remove from the heat. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Then carefully and slowly whisk in a half cup of hot water. Combine to make a sauce
For the meringue
- Add 12 egg whites, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp of salt to a very clean mixing bowl. Beat egg whites using an electric mixer for about one minute over high speed until the egg whites are frothy.
- Continue mixing over high speed while slowly adding in the 12 TBSP of sugar. Meringue should have a very stiff consistency. The total whisking time over high speed will be about 5 to 7 minutes
- The caramel sauce should be at room temperature or colder. Pour the caramel sauce into the mold. With your hands rub the caramel sauce up the sides and all the crevices of the mold.
- Now get a pan big enough to fit the mold and create a Bain Marie (water bath) fill the pan about an inch high with warm water
- Pour the meringue into the mold, Press the meringue into any crevices of the mold gently push the meringue into the mold in order to remove any air pockets.
- Place the mold into the Bain Marie and bake the pudding in a bain marie (water bath) in a preheated oven at 400°F (205° C) for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes turn off the oven but leave the meringue inside the oven with a closed door for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the dessert from the oven and let cool off for about 15 minutes. You may need to dip the mold in warm water for about a minute in order to loosen up the caramel sugar that is lining the mold. Now invert the meringue on top of a large plate.
- Decorating options include. Pouring more caramel over the meringue, pouring chocolate over the meringue instead of caramel. Decorating the top of the meringue with caramel and toasted almonds.