CRISPY! STUFFED! French Toast
- 6 slices of bread. (2 slices per serving)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 oz cream cheese (about 2 oz per serving)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla ( 1/8 tsp per serving)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg pinch per serving
- 1 tbsp sugar (1 tsp per serving)
- 1/4 tsp salt (pinch per serving)
- 2-1/4 cups corn flakes
- 4-1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup syrup (warm with addition of a tbsp of melted butter
- Mix the eggs, milk vanilla, nutmeg, sugar and salt together.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture
- Slice the cream cheese and lay the cheese on one slice of the bread. Place the other soaked slice of bread on top to make a "cream cheese sandwich."
- Quickly dip the "sandwich" in to the egg mixture then into the bowl with corn flakes. Coat the "sandwich on all sides with corn flakes
- Place the French toast into a warm pan with 1/2 TBSP of butter. Cook one side for 2 minutes. Then flip, add another 1/2 TBSP of butter and cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the french toast to a preheated oven at 400 F. for 15-20 minutes or until the middle interior temperature is 165 F.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!