Cavacas (Portuguese popovers)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- zest from on lemon
- Preheat oven and your muffin tin to 350 degrees F
- Using an electric mixer all the batter ingredients for 5 minutes. Fill the pre heated muffin tins no more than half way.
- Bake at 350 F for the first 20 minutes. Then lower the oven temperature to 325 and cook for an additional 20- 30 minutes. (Note: the oil content in the Cavacas batter makes them crunchy if you like them dryer and crunchy or cook them longer).
- Combine all of the glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.. Spoon the glaze over each one or just submerge each one in the glaze.