Cavacas (Portuguese popovers)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- zest from on lemon
- Preheat oven and your muffin tin to 350 degrees F
- Using an electric mixer all the batter ingredients for 5 minutes. Fill the pre heated muffin tins no more than half way.
- Bake at 350 F for the first 20 minutes. Then lower the oven temperature to 325 and cook for an additional 20- 30 minutes. (Note: the oil content in the Cavacas batter makes them crunchy if you like them dryer and crunchy or cook them longer).
- Combine all of the glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.. Spoon the glaze over each one or just submerge each one in the glaze.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!