Brisas do Lis
- 7 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- Separate 7 egg yolks
- Butter 16 molds Then coat the buttered molds with sugar. (you could use metal, silicone, or ceramic molds).
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt, 7 egg yolks, 3 whole eggs and 1 cup of almond flour to a mixing bowl.
- In a pot add 1/4 cup of water and 1-1/4 cups of sugar. Bring it up to a low boil, after it has begun boiling cook for an additional three minutes. (or until it gets to a temperature of 220 to 230°F )
- Let the hot sugar mixture cool for about 5-10 minutes
- Slowly pour in the hot sugar mixture into the almond flour egg mixture while stirring slowly.
- Preheat your oven to 360°F. and some hot water to a cookie sheet pan to make a water bath about a 1/4 inch high.(1 cm )
- Poor the almond flour/egg mixture into the individual molds
- Bake for about 20 -30 minutes until the tops are golden brown. (if you have an instant read digital thermometer the internal temperature should be about 175°F)
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for about five minutes and then put them in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes, next remove the desert from the mold.
- Traditionally these are served in white paper muffin cups
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!