Bolos Dona Amélia (Queijadas Dona Amélia Terceira Island)
- 2½ cups sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 1-½ cups cornflour
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1½ tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup aisins garnished on top of the cup cake
- lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar- for coating/ dusting
- Butter your molds liberally then dust with flour
- Melt one stick of butter. Zest the lemon. Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Add the molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest corn flour, and salt to the bowl. Mix until combined
- Pour the batter into the molds. Then put 3-4 raisins on top of the batter. Bake at 400°F for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes
- Dust the cakes with powdered sugar
- NOTE do not pre-mix the raisins into the batter, i found they will sink to the bottom and stick to the molds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!