Bolos De Arroz - Portuguese Rice Muffins
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (to sprinkle on top of the muffins)
- 1 zest from one lemon
- You could make these in standard muffin tins, but traditionally they are made in individual tins lined with wax paper
- If you're using individual straight edge tins cut strips of wax paper take enough to be about a quarter inch above the tins.
- Spray the tins or muffin tray with spray butter
- zest one lemon
- In a bowl (1) put the in the lemon zest, milk and eggs. Mix well to blend.
- Next, into the bowl add the flour, rice flour, salt and baking powder, then mix to combine.
- in a mixing bowl (2) add the butter and sugar, with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar together at medium low speed for about three minutes.
- preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine the ingredients from the first bowl (the zest, milk, flour, rice flour, salt, baking powder and eggs) With the ingredients from the second bowl (sugar and butter) Mix all of the ingredients to combine.
- Fill the muffin tins with the batter about a 1/4 inch from the top