Bolo de Abobora (my grandmother zucchini cake)
- 2 cuos flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-½ cups raisins
- 1 cup nuts almonds, walnuts, or pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp backing soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 average zucchini)
- 1 lemon for zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Add one cup of water to a pan then put in the raisins. Bring it up to a simmer, then remove from the heat. Let cool down for at least five minutes. Then put the raisins in a colander to remove the water. This step softens up the raisins.
- Grate the zucchini, you will need about 2 cups
- Butter the Bundt pan with about 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Zest one lemon
- Add the eggs, zucchini, 1 cup of oil, lemon juice, raisins and I vanilla to a large mixing bowl and mix gently to combine.
- In a second bowl add your dry ingredients, the flour, sugar, the spices, baking soda, salt and nuts. Mix them together to combine. Now mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter in the buttered Bundt pan
- Bake in a 350° (177c) oven for 60 minutes
- Let the cake cool off for about 40 minutes then unmold from the pan
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!