Amêijoas à Bulhão Pato (clams, garlic, olive oil and wine)
- 1½ pounds clams
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup chop cilantro
- ¼ cuo wine
- 1 pinch of salt if needed
- black pepper to taste
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- Rinse clams thoroughly and several times in cold water to completely remove sand.
- Optional if needed:Soak the clams in a large amount of water with the coarse salt for 3 -8 hours. They will purge the sand they contain. Place in the refrigerator.
- Pour the olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic. Cook over medium heat for about a minute, add the clams
- Add the dry white wine and bring to a boil. Add the clams. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the clams open, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Once all the clams are open, place them on the serving dish and Pour the sauce over the clams.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.