This recipe makes cooking scallops approachable. Learn how to get a nice crust on the scallops yet keep them tender throughout. The scallops will be topped with a beurre blanc sauce.
Tender Sautéed Scallops with Peas
- ¼ lb scallops room temperature
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow squash cut into ½" rounds
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup peas
- ¼ cup corn
- 1 tbsp white wine
- green onions garnish
- Season scallops with salt and pepper. Into a small bowl place the flour and add the scallops. Toss until all the scallops are evenly coated in flour.
- Season squash with salt and pepper. To a hot pan add ½ tablespoon of oil. Add in the squash so each piece is flat on the pan, and they are not overlapping. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. A brown crust should form on each piece. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Into the hot pan that was used to cook the squash, add another ½ tablespoon of oil. Add in scallops so that none are overlapping. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add in an additional teaspoon of oil if the pan becomes dry. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Into the same hot pan, reduce heat to medium and add butter. Add in peas and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in white wine and stir. Immediately after, add scallops into the pan and stir.
- To plate, lay rounds of squash flat on a plate. Place one scallop on top of each piece of squash. Spoon corn and peas around the plate. Garnish with green onions.