You must try this delicious salmon! The freshness of the tomato coulis provides a great contrast to the crunch of the salmon crust. Healthy and flavorful!
Sautéed Salmon with Tomato Coulis Sauce
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 cups arugula / spinach 2½ oz
- ¼ cup tomato coulis
- Pat the salmon dry. This allows for a crispy exterior. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- To a medium-hot pan add olive oil. When the pan is hot add the salmon. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. This will depend on the thickness of your salmon, and the temperature prior to putting it in the pan. The internal temperature of the salmon will be 145°F when cooked through. Once you have flipped the salmon add the roasted bell peppers, just to warm them. When the salmon is done cooking remove everything from the pan.
- Into the same pan used to cook to salmon add butter. Add in arugula / spinach. Cook just until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan bring the tomato coulis to temperature. Turn off heat. You do not need to cook the salsa just get it warm.
- To serve add the warm tomato coulis to a plate. Place salmon on top of the coulis and top with roasted bell peppers. Pile warm arugula / spinach on the side. Enjoy!