- 12 oz old bread
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onions diced
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 6 oz Portuguese sausage sliced in coins
- 2 tbsp water as needed to bring it to the desired consistency
- ½ tsp paprika
- 12 oz pork loin cubed
- salt and pepper
- Break up the bread into small pieces. (if the bread is very stale you might wanna sprinkle it with some water and put it in a paper or plastic bag for a few hours to soften up)
- Season the pork loin that has been cubed with salt and pepper
- Play in a hot pan add about a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. And then sauté your pork for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions and sliced sausage to the pan. Continue to sauté for another five minutes.
- Remove the pork onions and sausage from the pan and reserve on a plate to be used later. Do not clean the pan. Add some garlic, paprika and olive oil what to the pan. Sauté the garlic for about one minute until slightly golden. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Next adding the breadcrumbs to the pan with the garlic paprika and olive oil. Add about two more tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and about 2 tablespoons of water. (the amount of water will vary depending on how stale the bread is and your desired final consistency)
- Adding the fresh chopped cilantro
- Put the migas on a plate with the the cooked pork and sausage. Enjoy!