Try out this Portuguese style eggs Benedict. As a substitute for the traditional english muffin we will use milho frito as a base and serve with a side of linguica.
Portuguese Eggs Benedict
- 1 egg
- 1 piece milho frito
- 1 linguica
- 2 tbsp hollandaise sauce
- 1 tomato sliced into rounds
- 2 tsp vinegar
- In the same pan you used to fry your milho frito, cook the linquica until slightly crispy.
- Remove the milho frito from the pan and add in tomato slices. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until warm and some water has come out of the tomato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot of simmering water add the vinegar. Crack your eggs into small bowls or ramekins. Lower the ramekin to the water level and drop in the egg. Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on how runny you like the egg yolk.
- To serve place the milho frito on the plate and top with the poached egg drizzled with hollandaise sauce. Add the linguica and tomato into the stack, or serve on the side.