This dish is sure to impress. The rich, creamy sauce is infinitely better than anything you can get from a jar. The finished dish will come together in just 15 minutes!
Pesto Gnocchi with Cream Sauce
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 package gnocchi about 1lb
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parmesan for garnish
- Boil your gnocchi in salted water according to the package instructions. While the gnocchi is boiling prepare the sauce.
- To a medium sauté pan add the heavy whipping cream. Season with ½ teaspoon of both salt and pepper. Cook for about minutes, stirring frequently, until the cream is thick and coats the back of the a spoon. Add the pesto, stir to combine.
- In a small satué pan on medium heat add olive oil and pine nuts, stirring frequently. As soon as the pine nuts begin to brown lower the heat all the way. They can go from light brown to burnt quickly, keep a close eye and continue to stir. Season with a pinch of salt. Remove them from the pan when they are toasted to your preference.
- To serve toss the gnocchi in the pesto cream sauce. Top with toasted pine nuts and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.