This recipe will teach you how to make a tender bread, with a crisp crust!
High Hydration Bread Recipe
- 500 g bread flour
- 375 g water 105-115°F
- 12 g salt
- 7 g yeast
- From the water you have measured out, take a scoop out and put it in a small bowl. Add in yeast and a small pinch of sugar. Let the yeast begin to bubble.
- Mix the water and flour together. Knead for 3 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour in a warm area between 70-80°F. This step is know as autolyse.
- Create a well in the dough, add in water and yeast mixture. Add in salt. It will be very wet. Continue to knead in the bowl for 5 minutes. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes- 2 hours. Repeat 4-6 times.
- Shape the dough into final shape. Work the dough from the top to the bottom. Use a banneton basket if you have one available. If not, line a bowl with a lint free dish towel. Put the top of the dough against the bottom of the dish towel. Cover and let rise for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. On the bottom rack of the oven add a baking pan. Add a ½ cup of water the the baking pan just before adding your bread to the oven. This will create steam in the oven. Onto another foil lined baking pan plop your bread dough. Score the top of your bread dough with a sharp knife. Place in the oven. Cook for about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 190°F.