This crepe recipe is just as easy as pancakes! The apple filling is delicious, but substitute it with the fruit you have on hand.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup flour
- 8 oz apple juice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 apples sliced, core removed
- powdered sugar garnish
- Into a medium bowl add milk and eggs. Whisk to combine. Add sugar and salt. Stir. Whisk in flour. Let it rest for 10 minutes. This will help the small clumps dissolve without over mixing the batter.
- To a bowl add in apple juice. Whisk in corn starch.
- Into a hot sauté pan add butter and sliced apples. Toss to coat apples. Let cook for 8-10 minutes until apples have softened. Add in the apple juice corn starch mixture. Allow 1 minute for the sauce to thicken then add the sugar. Turn off heat.
- Into a non stick pan on medium heat add a thin slice of butter. Ladle the crepe batter into the hot pan. You want a thin layer of batter in the pan. This recipe makes about 8 6" crepes. Flip the crepe when the edges start to dry. Cook until both sides are lightly golden.
- To plate, add a few slices of apples and a spoonful of the sauce onto a crepe and roll up. Garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.