Add this salad into your rotation for a healthy dose of omega-3s and vitamin D. Sardines are a sustainable fish, low in mercury, relatively inexpensive, and delicious!
Portuguese Sardine Salad
- 2 oz pancetta cubed
- ¼ cup roasted red bell peppers sliced
- 1½ oz vinaigrette
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 can sardines
- 1 oz parmesan garnish
- In a medium sized pan on medium heat, sauté the pancetta. This will take 5-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the pancetta.
- To the sauté pan add the roasted red bell peppers and vinaigrette. Allow 1-2 minutes or until the peppers are warm. Into a mixing bowl, pour contents of the pan over the mixed greens. Toss to mix.
- In the satué pan used, add the sardines over a medium heat. Cook for around 3 minutes, or until the sardines are warm.
- Plate the mixed greens. Top with warm sardines, parmesan and freshly cracked black pepper! Serve and enjoy!